A quiet time in the garden

Although my gardening companion has been busy adding rhododendrons to our woodland garden, and moving around native azaleas and kalmias, my vegetable gardening activities have slowed down (along with the pollinator-supporting ones).

Because of traveling considerations (being away all of February and then April), I've been reluctant to resow more winter spinach seeds or other greens.  I'll need to think about the timing.

I had fabulous spinach last year.  I clearly was already harvesting spinach about this time (Dec. 8) last year, and did so through the winter!

raised beds with Remay last year
http://naturalgardening.blogspot.com/2016/12/growing-food.html

http://naturalgardening.blogspot.com/2017/01/spinach-harvest.html

This year, we haven't had a really hard frost yet, although it's coming at the end of the week.

Oh, well.  I've got nice arugula and chard, along with some collards and broccoli greens (which never produced a head).  I'll harvest as much as I can tomorrow.


Comments

  1. It would be nice to have such a long growing season! I have a little lettuce under a coldframe, but it's not growing much anymore. Enjoy your harvest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.