Late fall color and dog treats

A last blast of fall color with Japanese maples and native maples has been lovely. 
Across the street
 An odd confluence of minimal fall frosts & freezes, combined with warm weather has extended leaf season for natives and non-natives alike. 

I'd never had thought I'd have the door open to cool off the house on November 28, as I'm simmering turkey broth from an "echo" turkey this evening, post-Thanksgiving spent with relatives. (My gardening companion likes "left-over" turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, etc. and this is his birthday week, so....)

 A favorite walk of mine is to loop up and around the historic Grove Park Inn. 

The downward side of the loop comes along Kimberly Avenue.  A dog-lover (I'm imagining in memory of one) has kindly put this up, as a stop along the way, for those of us who have furry friends along on our walks.
Dog treats



Comments