A SF sculpture garden

Succulents were a primary theme of Bay Area gardens
An entry planting
A second urban garden was right under the I-280 freeway, tucked below a steep rocky cliff in a still industrial area. It reminded me of a very dicey field site that I had in Hunter's Point (nearby) from decades ago!

But magic had been worked here, from the transformation of the house to the garden as space for the artist/owner's rotating sculpture gallery.

The light was extremely bright -- not good for photographs, but here's a look.
A view back towards the house


A hillside view

View from the house


Comments

  1. The house kind of reminded me of your house in Asheville. So surprising garden space, under the freeway -- amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.