Coral honeysuckle

Our coral honeysuckles are in full bloom now -- they've been amazing as the plants have become larger (and gathered resources).  It's a wonderful marker of mid-spring, arriving along with the continuing ruby-throated hummingbird migration.

My past blog posts (about coral honeysuckle were more numerous than I'd expected), but reflect how lovely and significant the peak flowering of Lonicera sempervirens is for me.

Here's a photo of the kitchen door Lonicera a couple of years ago.

Lonicera sempervirens
 Hopefully, I'll be able to add a photo of our front gate plant tomorrow, if weather permits.  It's thriving.

Comments

  1. Lisa, I'm just about to replace my climbing rose with a coral honeysuckle 'Major Wheeler' -- looking forward to some hummingbird action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, you'll love having 'Major Wheeler' -- your hummingbirds will love it!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.