A Yellow-Rumped Warbler

A flash of yellow on the suet feeder caught my attention from the study window. 

I managed to get the binoculars focused in time to make a mental note of the yellow spot at the base of the tail and the yellow wing patches.  I knew I'd seen this bird before (but not at the feeders).

Fortunately, the field marks are pretty clear, and my memory of a yellow-rumped warbler seen on a birding outing was on target.

This fellow was a male, based on his markings -- I didn't manage a photo before he was off, but here's a good look, along with some great information from one of my favorite sites.

Comments

  1. These little birds that flitter around are so hard to get a good look at let alone photograph. I like the Yellow-Rumped Warblers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.