Time to plant

I always encourage new gardeners to just start planting. It doesn't take long to create a transformation. We're not brilliant gardeners -- admittedly, we do know about the ecology of native plants, so our design ideas come from inspiration from nature.

Plant trees first, then shrubs, and then perennials, creating a landscape to enjoy. We no longer see our neighbor's house at all (the angle is slightly different, but the idea is there).

From this, to this.

This was 15 years of growth, but by 8 years, we didn't see our front street.



Comments

  1. I see you have been doing a bit of work. Looks like you a nice empty canvas to work with 15 years ago. Nice!

    http://snjgardener.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, your transformation is inspiring. My goodness what an oasis you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We DID have an empty canvas - and had to buy a riding lawn mower, yuck. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to have a reel mower at some point!

    But we're happy with the results so far. And we definitely don't have time to be out 'gardening' all the time, nor do we spend every spare minute fussing with the garden, although that's great fun, to be sure.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, it looks like I need to repost the photos -- I did have a message about a Google/Picasa problem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.