More about gardens and gardening

It's always nice to enjoy and observe other gardens -- I find it endlessly fascinating to see how people create (or don't) the spaces around them.

But, I'm also being reminded that gardening itself is something that I love, too. The process of planting, nurturing, creating is something I miss, when I'm away.

I found myself visiting a nursery yesterday afternoon ( a very nice one, too) just to check them out and came back with several bird feeders for the mountains (hummingbird, thistle, sunflower, and suet) and a deck support for two of them. Hmmm.

There WAS a lot of garlic in the Asheville community garden that I'm checking periodically, but oddly, there have been no tomatoes or peppers planted yet. Some winter squash has appeared and there are lots of potatoes, so maybe folks are waiting for totally warm night-time weather. It was chilly at night over the last few day, in the upper 40's, not appreciated by tomatoes, peppers, or eggplant.

It'll be interesting to see what's planted in the next few weeks.

Comments

  1. Interesting that some are still have such cool evening temps. in the South.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.