Coming into Kauai


This afternoon's view was impressive, as we approached Kauai, where we'll be for awhile on a Home Exchange. My gardening companion was here 40+ years ago and remembers it fondly; I've never been to Hawaii.

Hiking, botanizing, snorkeling, and poking around in our Home Exchange partners' garden -- it'll be a wonderful time. It's warm and humid, but hey, we're from the Southeastern US, after all. It's not unfamiliar, even though our summer has been cool this year.

A brief stopover to visit relatives in LA reminded me of why I wouldn't want to live in Southern CA. They live in a wonderful house surrounded by gardens, but, the traffic to and from the airport, even at 6 am this morning was remarkable (not in a good way!)

Now, I'm off to see what the garden might have, while we wait for AAA to charge the battery on the car! There are lots of robust looking tomato plants, recently planted, I think, along with lots of papaya and mango trees.

Comments