Winter

I marked Christmas via a direct Facebook post, remembering visiting Rothenburg ob der Tauber, a couple of years ago.  It was a wonderful place, and I was fortunate to spend several days there, staying in the interior of the old city.  It was a magical place.

I didn't have many blog posts (traveling at the time with a old iPad and equally elderly digital camera), but here are few of them.

I was particularly struck by the pilgrimage way that went through Rothenburg, and all the way to Santiago de Compostela.  I was on a bit of a pilgrimage, I thought, at the time, moving towards something past my paid work life, rather unknown, it seemed to me at the time.

Eddying along, I'm continuing to teach about gardening (all sorts of topics) as a volunteer and volunteering in a community garden, and being engaged even more around food and social justice issues.

I'm privileged to live in a special place, with preserved places (although sometimes for a price).

As passholders, we're able to see these beautiful views.

Biltmore Estate, December, 2016


We'd gone through the house during the day.  Quite nice.  But it's the preserved views and wonderful landscapes that make Biltmore special, in my opinion.

Comments