Trees and mountains

I was in a watercolor class today, with a favorite teacher, Elizabeth Ellison, in a class that's about really about learning watercolor techniques and "tools to use." 

I was so delighted to somehow produce a couple of pleasing studies, one of mountains, channeling (again) the Rockies of my childhood, not the smooth mountains of the Southern Appalachians where I live now, and feel at home, and the other, following Elizabeth's mention of a beech, turned into a remembrance of a sycamore.

mountains

tree study

Comments

  1. You are a multi-talented woman! Love the sycamore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice article.
    Love to read your blogs.
    Thanks for sharing these articles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gail, for your supportive comment! I figure it's important to express our creativity wherever we can, whether we're "talented" at it, or not....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.