Lake views

I've taken to walking on the dikes above Lake Hartwell with Woody in the mornings.

The winter views are open and lovely, and the light clear with winter's low humidity.

I'd walked occasionally on the dikes over the years, but there's something now about the expansiveness of the view that draws me now, and I've become a "regular," I suppose.


It's a grounding walk -- I'm mindful now of leaving the Upstate for the mountains of Western North Carolina in a few months for the final time.

And shedding the saved articles, folders, memorabilia, and stuff etc. of decades (both related to work and home) -- hmm.  Both much harder than I ever anticipated, but freeing too.

Comments

  1. Oh how I miss walking the dikes on Lake Hartwell :) When I worked in Clemson, there was one summer when I would walk every day after work. it was like a mini vacation every day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.