Returning to a veritable tropical forest

After a long week away, visiting gardens during the Garden Bloggers Fling, and being on vacation in San Francisco, my overwhelming thought coming home to the mountains, was WOW!  It's been raining a lot.

My vegetable beds are verdant -- geez, I harvested (and we ate) chard and leeks just before leaving, and I had more stout leeks to harvest for this evening's dinner.  We would have had chard but it was raining too hard to harvest...

Lots of wonderful garden pictures from the Fling to come -- I didn't have time to download them while traveling -- the pace was busy (if not grueling) and in the evenings, my gardening companion and I were out enjoying the City.  Lovely.

We spent our last day in Marin County, visiting Pt. Reyes National Seashore (where I had study sites MANY years ago) and driving the coastal highway.

An unexpected pleasure was visiting the Seed Bank in Petaluma.
Seed Bank in Petaluma
It's a great place that's part of Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. They were forward-thinking enough to save both the seed providing and the structure! Kudos for that.

I didn't have my camera along, but check out some of these images.  Fabulous.  I have more seeds now.  What's not to like about that?

Comments

  1. Great chatting with you Lisa. It is certainly wet back home.
    How nice to have visited the seed bank.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.