Small meadows (or pocket meadows)

When I started thinking about a small front planting as a pocket meadow, it seemed apt -- not a big meadow planting, but an informal small meadow -- a relaxed perennial border, really.

But one of my colleagues, an excellent horticulturist, at the botanical garden where I work, is planting pocket meadows, too. 

She's planting them down the median strip in our Garden's entrance road (happily replacing a long row of Japanese Burning Bush).  She's planting them along the Arboretum Road.  And this one is at the fork in the road leading to the SCBG nursery area.

A mix of native perennials and grasses, this one is entrancing in early morning light.

Comments

  1. Invertebrates will love these pocket meadows: love the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.