FINALLY, some rain

We had two inches in our rain gauge by mid-day.  Woo-hoo!  It's been a brutal couple of months, with limited rain and high heat.  But with temperatures moderating now, this moisture will sink in, and help reinvigorate root growth of (practically dormant) plants. 

The non drought-tolerant wimps in the landscape have already succumbed, to be sure, whether they're native or not.  Even my modest triage efforts in mid-August only revived plants that could withstand over 3 weeks of extreme heat and no water.  It's interesting to see how tough many plants are, even if they would have looked a lot better with a lot more water!

A side note:  I just reconnected/updated my Networked blogs permissions, which had been 'broken' in early summer (I hadn't noticed), so any of you who read this via Facebook, missed a couple of months of posts over the summer.  I'm not a regular Facebook user!

Comments

  1. Glad you all got rain, we, just an hour south, got less than 1/10th of an inch!! Hoping for more tomorrow.
    Glad you got Networked Blogs back up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were SO grateful for the 2 inches!

    I hope you get more soon.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.