Turning over beds

In spite of a very rainy day, the evening respite (from the rain) allowed me to get out and seed flats with arugula, mesclun mix, spinach, and cilantro. 

I've got more seeds to sow tomorrow, but first I wanted to turn over my vegetable bed blocks in the main vegetable garden and the satellite garden. 

freshly turned beds in the main vegetable garden (with Mocha)
I managed almost all of them, and they await amendment with compost, before planting. 

Hand-turning beds is a satisfyingly physical activity;  it made up for not having time to walk this morning before our butterfly garden tour at the botanical garden!

Comments

  1. They're beautiful beds~I've missed working in the garden with the heat/humidity. gail

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.