A garden visit

We (I was travelling with a friend and colleague) stopped at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden on the way to the Spring Flower Show in Charlotte.

It was a treat. It's a very formal garden, not exactly what I envision for my own garden, but lovely, nontheless.

The Conservatory was remarkable, imaginative and innovative.

The Tillandsia arches are like nothing I've ever seen (nor my friend and colleague) -- and we've visited a LOT of gardens between us.

And the winter elements are lovely -- these Japanese pussy willows are just about perfect at this time of year.

Comments

  1. The arches are very eyecatching and unique but yes, hard to imagine something like that in one's own yard. Looks like a fun conservatory visit for you though. In my neck of the woods, pussy willows are the only thing worth looking at right now.

    Christine in Alaska

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.