Bird songs

It's been heartening to hear the songs of American Robins, Northern Cardinals, Tufted Titmice, and Carolina Wrens recently. It means spring is almost here.

And, according to Journey North, the spring migrants are on their way, including the Ruby-throated hummingbirds.

The changing seasons bring a delightful cycle of plant growth from vegetative growth to flowers, fruits, and seeds, the timing depending on the native origin of the plant. These plants provide cover and nesting habitat, food for caterpillars (great nestling food), and fruit and seeds, for fruit and seed-eating birds.

An excellent balance, to be sure.

Comments

  1. I have been hearing a bird song that I don't know when I have had the dogs on their walk. Of course now I can't even try to describe what it sounds like. I keep looking for the bird who is singing...with no luck. Maybe one of these days I will figure out who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you put out hummingbird feeders or just have the right plants to attract them? My husband and I have been in our house just over a year so I am planning my garden to attract as many birds and insects as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    We put out hummingbird feeders as well as having plants with flowers that attract hummingbirds. It's a great combination.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.