Clear winter air

Our mountains in the Southeastern U.S. are normally hazy in the summer, part natural humidity with some additions (ozone and particulates) not so natural.

But in the winter, after a front comes through, the mountains are crystal clear, and the evening light is excellent, sharp and cool.

I don't have any images, having not brought a camera along on our late afternoon excursion. But walking back across the overpass above Highway 240 towards Montford, we experienced the expanse of Mt. Pisgah and the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Comments

  1. Sound beautiful and I'm very jealouse for I'm in Canada, sharp and cool/cold is all we know after Labour Day.
    You have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.